With ActX Genomics, prescribers can request genetic tests and access patient genetic profiles from within NewCrop. ActX Genomics automatically checks the patient's genetic profile against any new prescriptions and displays alerts for potential adverse reactions, efficacy issues or dosing personalization, as part of the prescription workflow.
NOTE: This service is available at no charge to the practice. The patient pays for a two year subscription, and is then billed annually.
Register for ActX Genomics
- Click the Pharmacogenomics Sign Up link from the Added Services Registration section of the Admin tab.
NOTE: Selecting the Request Genetic Test link for any patient will redirect the user to the Pharmacogenomics Sign-up page if the practice is not already registered.
- The Pharmacogenomics Sign-Up Page opens. Click the Register button to continue to the ActX website.
- Click the Begin ActX Sign Up button to begin the registration process. Once registration is complete, you can use the Request Genetic Test link for any patient.
Request Genetic Testing
- Click the Request Genetic Test link below the patient's name. The Request Genetic Test window opens.
- Click the Patient Consent toggle to select Email.
- Enter the Patient Email Address.
- Click the Send button.
- After the patient genomic test has been completed and processed, the Genomic Profile link will display for the patient instead of the Request Genetic Test link.
Review Genomic Profile Information and Alerts
There are multiple ways to view a patient's genomic testing information in NewCrop.
- Click the Genomic Profile link to open the ActX Patient Genomic Profile page.
- Click the Drug Review button on the Active Medication List to display Genomic Alerts.
NOTE: Alerts are color-coded based on severity.
- Click the Blue Summary link to show more details about the alert.
- Review Genomic Alerts on the Transmit Rx page before sending a prescription to the pharmacy.