NewCrop uses Electronic Prior Authorization (ePA) to speed up the prescription approval process for medications with prior authorization requirements. If prior authorization is needed, prescribers can submit the necessary information directly to the patient's health plan through a link to SureScripts before transmitting the prescription to the pharmacy.
- Search for the medication using the Drug Search or click the Prescribe button from the Pending Rx list.
- Enter Sig and dispense information, then click the Prescribe button.
- Click the Prior Auth Required link in the Real Time Benefits and Coverage table for the selected prescription option.
NOTE: NewCrop checks for medications requiring prior authorizations. This link may display even if your patient already has a prior authorization on file with the pharmacy for the prescription.
If the link does not display, you can also submit a prior authorization request from the Active Medications list. Click the Edit button and select Detail, then click the Request PA button.
- Select the Expedite Request checkbox and click Yes to confirm that you are initiating the ePA request.
Confirmation that the request was successfully generated displays.
- Click the ePA link at the top of the screen. Surescripts will launch in a new tab for you to complete the request.
- Select Complete Prior Auth Criteria from the Worklist, then click the Start button to enter all requested information and send it to the patient's health plan.
- Click back to the NewCrop Tab to return to the Real Time Benefits and Coverage Information page, then click the Prescribe button.
- Click the Transmit button to send the prescription to the pharmacy.