If you're already familiar with the NewCrop legacy platform, you will notice some changes after upgrading to NewCropRx v2. Read on to learn about enhancements and new features. Use the links to access more detailed articles on prescribing and documentation in the NewCropRx v2 Knowledge Base.
- Delete, Discontinue, Queue Rx, and other less-frequently used features are consolidated into Drop-down Menus on buttons throughout the system.
Prescribe Buttons on the Compose Rx tab open the Transmit Rx page for any Active Medication or Pending Prescription with complete information.
Learn More: Renew An Active Prescription
Real Time Benefits provides coverage information and alternative drug options to the prescriber before a prescription is transmitted to the pharmacy.
Learn More: Real Time Benefits
- Prescriptions with Incomplete Directions are saved to a Pending Rx list. Click the Edit button to complete the required information.
Sig Builder Options
Customized Sig Builders are preselected based on drug type and can manually selected using the drop-down menu. Sig builder options are also customizable.
Learn More: Customize the Sig Builder
- An appropriate Dispense amount automatically calculates for most drugs based on quantity, frequency and days supply.
- Future Effective Dates can be selected to avoid duplicate prescription limitations.
Additional Scripts automatically calculates a start date for second and third prescriptions.
Learn More: Create Multiple C2 Prescriptions
- An Associated Diagnosis can be selected and added from the prescription sig builder page.
- Default settings for Time Zone and Height and Weight Units can be set in the Account Configuration section on the Admin tab.
Learn More: Prescriber Settings
- View and Record both Allergies and Diagnoses under the Problems tab.
Health Plan Information is located under the Patient Details tab.
Learn More: View Patient Coverage
- Assign or add a new Pharmacy from any page.
Learn More: Assign Patient Pharmacies
Prescription History includes changes to sig directions and transmission history.
Discontinued Medications can be hidden to allow for corrections to a patient's history while maintaining a record of the original documentation.
Learn More: Discontinue a Prescription
Favorites, Drug Sets and Compounds
Drug Sets and Compounds are available under separate buttons from the Compose Rx and Med Entry tabs and can be edited in the List Maintenance section of the Admin tab.
Favorites can be saved with an Associated Diagnosis and edited in the List Maintenance section of the Admin tab.
Learn More: Add and Manage Favorites
- The Tasks Page replaces the Status Page and displays messages from the pharmacy, as well as information on pending or prescriptions.
The Supplies Tab organizes supplies into categories and subcategories to make them easier to find.
Learn More: Supply Orders
Patient Information Links
Prescription Drug Monitoring Program, Surescripts Drug History and Genomics Testing links are available under the patient name.
Surescripts Drug History compares the Active Medications to information obtained from the Pharmacy Benefits Manager and retail pharmacies for full medication reconciliation.
- The ePA tab links to Prior Authorization information.