Answering Pharmacy Change Requests
Pharmacy Change Requests are messages from the pharmacist requesting an adjustment to a prescription sent by the doctor. The change request may be made for brand/generic exchange, for formulary pricing reasons, for therapeutic alternatives, or to request a prior authorization.
Change Requests may be found on the Status page.
Selecting the patient name will open the Change Request.
Change Requests display the following:
- Detail view link – click this to expand the view of all Change Request data for the patient and drug as provided by the pharmacy.
- Original Drug description – displays the name, strength, and form of the drug that the pharmacy is requesting to replace.
- Pharmacy Change Requests – displays one or more alternatives provided by the pharmacy to replace the originally prescribed medication. One may be selected using the radio buttons.
- Deny/Rewrite – allows the user to reject the provided alternatives and write a new prescription.
- Deny – allows the user to select a reason to deny the Change request. The request may only be denied after a reason or pharmacist message has been provided.
- Accept – approves replacement of the original prescription with the selected alternative. The Accept response may include a Pharmacist Message.
- Prescription Details – displays additional details regarding the patient, doctor, and pharmacy.
Responding to the Change Request will result in a Receipt message confirming the details of the message delivered to the pharmacy.