In NewCrop, you can build a list of commonly used pharmacies that patients might use. If your EHR passes this information to NewCrop, do not follow the instructions below as your pharmacy information will come to NewCrop via your EHR.
Pharmacy Location List
A pharmacy location list is a list of pharmacies that patients might use for any given location within an account. This list is specific to one location within an account as patients in different locations tend to use different pharmacies. Building this list cuts down on searching for a pharmacy when prescribing for a patient. It is common for this list to be built when a new location is added but will also be enhanced over time as new pharmacies are assigned to patients.
To create a location pharmacy list, go to the Admin Tab in NewCrop and click “Location Pharmacy List”:
Search by using any criteria displayed below, keeping in mind that this search tool includes all electronic pharmacies in the United States that have added themselves to the SureScripts network.
Some helpful hints in using the Location Pharmacy List:
- Using a local zip code is a great way to start if you are in a small town.
- Using two to three criteria is usually the best way to search if you are in a mid to large sized city. Searching for Boerne (city) and TX (state) might return the right results but adding CVS will further narrow your search.
- Pharmacy names are chosen by the pharmacy when being added to the SureScripts network. You might have to search with/without hyphens or apostrophes.
- If you are unable to locate a pharmacy, you can select the link, “Click here if pharmacy not found” for other helpful tips in searching.
- If a pharmacy is assigned to a patient and it was not on the Location Pharmacy List, it will be automatically added to the Location Pharmacy List as an option for other patients.
- NewCrop cannot add electronic pharmacies to the SureScripts network. If you do not find the needed pharmacy, please contact the pharmacy to ensure they are active and ask them to add themselves by contacting SureScripts directly.
Once a search is performed, all results are displayed. Select the desired pharmacies or check the Full Name box to add all results to the Location Pharmacy List. Click the Add Checked Pharmacies button to add these to your Location Pharmacy List.
To remove a pharmacy from this list, go back to the Location Pharmacy List link on the Admin tab, select the pharmacy/pharmacies to be removed and click “Delete Unneeded Pharmacies”:
Assign a Pharmacy to a Patient
To assign a pharmacy to a patient, click on the Pt Details tab, then click Modify List:
You can either check the box to the left of the pharmacy you see in your list or you can search for a pharmacy using name, city, state etc. Click “Save Changes”:
When searching for a pharmacy; type in the pharmacy first name, city and state, click Search All Pharmacies. Once the pharmacy is found, click the box to the left and click “Save Changes”:
The pharmacy is updated with changes:
This pharmacy will display on the Compose Rx screen as well as default on the Transmit page: