If you are not approved during the Exostar registration process, you will be given the option to schedule a webcam appointment. During the webcam appointment, you will need to supply the legal documents (driver’s license or passport) that verify your identity. Once you join the webcam appointment, you will display your legal document to the Exostar Proofing Agent which will allow the Proofing Agent to supply an Activation Code that you will use to complete the Exostar Registration Process.
If you are prompted to go through the webcam process with Exostar, please make sure that the name being used is the same name that shows on your legal document. If this does not match, update the information within your EHR. Please reach out to your EHR for assistance. If you do not update this information, you will NOT be approved during your webcam process with Exostar.
Important notes about scheduling a webcam appointment:
- You can complete this process either on your computer that has a webcam or on your smart phone.
- You can choose both the date and time of the webcam appointment. The appointments are scheduled Monday-Friday.
- The provider is the ONLY PERSON that can attend the webcam appointment. No one can do this on the behalf of the provider.
- All documents must be in hand to complete the webcam proofing process.
- During the call, the Proofing Agent will supply the Activation Code. Be prepared to write down the Activation Code once it is supplied.
- You will receive a confirmation email once the webcam appointment is scheduled.
- You will receive an appointment reminder the day before your webcam appointment.
- You will receive the link for the webcam appointment 15 minutes prior to the appointment. (This cannot be sent earlier for security reasons.)
- You will receive a confirmation email after you have completed your webcam appointment. This will NOT have your Activation Code but will confirm the date the Activation Code expires. (30 days)
- If you lose your activation code once received, you will need to start from the beginning. Click to the NewCrop Exostar registration page to begin again.
- You will not be able to complete the EPCS registration process until you have received and entered the activation code.
- The appointments are scheduled for a 20-minute block. Being late for the webcam appointment can result in your needing to reschedule.
Troubleshooting for the webcam process is found in the document “Exostar – Webcam Proofing Process – TROUBLESHOOTING”.
Steps to complete webcam proofing:
During the registration process in Exostar, you will be notified that you are not able to be successfully proofed. The provider will be given up to 2 attempts to attempt proofing once webcam is initially offered. After the second attempt, the provider will need to agree to webcam proofing, if prompted.
Click OK to return to NewCrop to schedule your webcam appointment:
Click to Agree to the Webcam Process:
Exostar will ask you to Agree to the Subscriber Agreement. Click I Agree at the bottom of the page:
You will be returned to NewCrop to schedule your webcam appointment. Click link to Schedule Webcam Proofing appointment:
You will be prompted to choose English as your language and click Continue:
You will be given instruction the webcam proofing process. Click Continue:
Choose the date and time for your webcam appointment. Verify that that you are using the correct Time Zone for your location. Click Continue:
Provide information below. Click Confirm:
You are not required to check the box to receive a text message, but checking this box allows Exostar to send a text reminder of the appointment. If selected, a text message will be sent 15 minutes prior to the webcam appointment. The reminder will serve as both as a reminder as well as the provider will get a link to download the WebEx app, (if needed).
You will receive a confirmation of your appointment.
You can choose to add your Calendar. This is not required, but helpful.
If you choose to add to your calendar, click Accept:
You will receive a confirmation email showing the time and date of the appointment:
You will receive a reminder email the day before your scheduled appointment:
You will be emailed 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment with a link to your webcam meeting. Click on the link to start the meeting.
You will show the Proofing Agent your identity proofing documents. Once verified, the Proofing Agent will supply your Activation Code.
Write down your activation code as you will need this.
You will receive a confirmation email that webcam proofing was completed. The activation code is valid for 30 days.
With your Activation Code in hand, return to the NewCrop EPCS Registration Page and click, Enter Activation Code:
Enter the code you were given during the webcam proofing appointment:
Refer to the Production Setup Document for instruction on how to bind your tokens and register your phone to complete Exostar registration. Return to NewCrop to complete the Grant and Finalize Steps.