The Authy app is one of your OTP device options. The Authy app can be used in two ways:
- Manual Entry. Click the Authy Phone App button. Open the Authy app, type in the 6-digit code from the app and click “Sign Rx”.
- Push Notification. Click “Send Push Notification to Approve” and approve the Authy app request on your mobile device. There is no manual entry required when using the Push Notification option.
THE APP MUST BE INSTALLED ON A PHONE, NOT A TABLET OR DESKTOP. Once the Authy app is installed, both entry options are automatically available – there is no additional setup required. There is an Authy app for Apple Watch. At this time, it is limited to “OTP” mode only, so Push/OneTouch approval is not supported. However, the watch can work independently of the phone to which it is paired. The user just opens the Authy app on the watch, taps the token they want, and the code is displayed on the screen. The Authy watch app should automatically install when the Authy app is installed on the paired phone.
The Authy app is free and can be found on the Play Store (android) or iTunes (iPhones). The app icon looks like this:
To manage your app, authenticate to your Exostar. Your account is located on the Admin Tab of the NewCrop Screens under the link “Manage Your EPCS Account”:
- Log into your EHR and access the NewCrop screens.
- Once in NewCrop, go to the Admin Tab:
- Click on Manage Your EPCS Account on the Admin Tab:
OR click this link on the Exostar Registration Page:
AUTHENTICATION INTO YOUR ACCOUNT
You will first need to authenticate into your account. Do this by using either OTP device or by a text message/voice call to authenticate into your account. If the Authenticate buttons are grayed out, skip to the next step.
Add and activate the Authy app:
To add the Authy App to your account click Add Credential:
Enter your phone number and click Register Phone:
Download and install the Authy app:
Click the Red X to indicate that you’re ready to enter the OTP or approve via the Push Notification:
Enter the OTP from the Authy app and click Submit:
OR approve the Push Notification:
Once the Authy app has been added, you will see this on your Exostar account. Click Cancel to return to NewCrop.
Deactivate the Authy App
The Authy app can be deactivated by clicking Deactivate. You will be asked to confirm this action. The Authy app can be activated again, by Clicking “Add Credential” and following registration steps.
If a provider has a new phone or new phone number but has tied the Authy app to their cloud-based store (iTunes or Google Play Store), often a copy of the Authy app (including the NewCrop account) can be downloaded and used without any issues or removing and adding a new instance in the Exostar account.
The two best ways to avoid revoking an account:
- Always make sure the Hardware Token has been bound to the account. Many providers choose to use the Authy app but adding the hardware token not only allows a backup method to transmit Rxs, it is also a backup method to access the Exostar account. ALWAYS ADD THE HARDWARE TOKEN EVEN IF THE PROVIDER CHOOSES NOT USE IT FOR TRANSMISSION OF CONTROLLED RXS.
- Always add an Authentication phone number that is different than the provider’s cell phone number. A provider can add a land line or a different cell phone as well as their own, but the best practice is to have a different phone number for the Authentication phone number. A provider should not tie all authentication methods to one device only.
ONCE A PROVIDER HAS REVOKED THEIR ACCOUNT, THEY MUST PAY FOR ANTOHER LICENSE AND START FROM THE BEGINNING IN THE EVENT THE PROVIDER NEEDS TO TRANSMIT CONTROLLED RXS VIA NEWCROP.
Questions? Contact your EHR.
Issues? Please refer to document “EXOSTAR - Troubleshooting the Authy App”