Discontinue a prescription to remove it from the Active Medications list. If the prescription included refills on file, you will have the option to notify the pharmacy.
- Find the Prescription in the Active Medications list from the Med Entry tab or the Compose Rx tab.
- Click the Caret on the Edit button.
- Select Discontinue. The Discontinue Prescription window opens.
NOTE: Multiple medications can be discontinued simultaneously. Select medications using the Checkboxes in the left-hand column, then click the Caret on the Queue Rx button and select Discontinue.
- Click the Discontinue button.
- The Cancel button closes the window without discontinuing the prescription.
- You have the option to enter a Reason for discontinuation.
- Select the Notify checkbox to send a cancellation message to the pharmacy. This will cancel any remaining refills left on the prescription. This may not be available for all pharmacies or for printed/recorded prescriptions.
- The discontinued medication displays on the Previous Medications list.